Wine/value of unopened wine

i have a unopened bottle of cresta blanca california port ruby,i know its very old wanted to know its value.could send picture but can do so only by text.

To give you an accurate valuation we really need to determine the actual age of the bottle, the shape of the bottle is a good guide to age as is the way that the bottle is sealed, was there any other information on the label?

I would suspect if it only says Ruby that it has a value in US$ 30/50 at auction.

Kind regards,

David Baines  

David Baines

I can answer any questions with regard to Wines of the world, Spirits and Liqueurs.

I am at present the Wines & Spirits Consultant/valuer to Charterhouse Auctions Sherborn Dorset UK.

As above but in a retired mode.

I was an Expert with you until I had to stop because of ill health, I am now recovered and would like to continue.

I have a teaching Degree and am a WSET Wine Educator (retired) I am also a Fellow of The British Institute of Innkeeping (Retired and a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality (Retired)

Cert ED

Consultant / Vauer to Charterhouse Auctions Sherborne Dorset UK, Lecturer at the City of Bath College Bath UK Training adviser to several Organisations in the S W UK.