Wine/dollar value and drinkability

Question
I have a G H Mumm & Co Extra Dry Champagne 79020165
It was among my deceased father's things.
Is it drinkable now?
A dollar value?

Your answer may help me determine whether to keep it or drink it or toss it.

Thank you for your efforts,

lee r.

Answer
Hi Lee,

This NV Champagne is slightly less dry than the more commonplace brut style but I'm afraid your single bottle would be worthless as no merchant or auction house would accept such a small quantity and it wouldn't be lawful for you to sell it privately.

I never suggest tossing wines untasted as I'd rather open them in hope, but with something else on stand-by in case I didn't want to finish the bottle.

You don't say how long you dad may have had this but the odds are in your favor up to about 10 years but decline rapidly.

David
.

Wine

David Ling