Wine/Dry Imperial Moet & Chandon 1942

Stand off of bottle
Stand off of bottle  

Close up of label
Close up of label  
Hi David,
I have a bottle of vintage champagne and would like to know the value and if it would still be drinkable assuming it has been cellared correctly. The bottle is a Dry Imperial Moet & Chandon 1942.

If there is any worth here, where would be the best place to sell it?

Hi Jonas,

This is from a good but not outstanding vintage and is very old indeed for a Champagne so drinkability would be a gamble.

I can't suggest a potential sale value but Langton's ( should be able to suggest a catalogue figure if you were to offer it for sale in one of their auctions.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.