I live in Springville Al and drank a lot of Moulin Rouge back in the 1970's and it was very tasty. The pink was the favorite. I often wondered if it was still being bottled. I would to re-live those days by opening a bottle of that cheap stuff and take a trip back to those days. Do you know if that winery is still in operation? Thanks

Hi Frank,

Sorry not to have been able to reply sooner.

I can find no record of such a thing as 'Moulin Rouge Champagne' but I wonder if your reference to 'that cheap stuff' infers that you enjoyed some fizz bottled under that name before international consumer protection laws outlawed such deception?

Champagne ONLY comes from the Champagne district of northern France and can never be 'cheap stuff' because of the costly production methods required by law.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.