Wine/Set of 3 jeraboams of champagne

Question
Billecarte
Billecarte  
Hi I have a set of 3 jeraboams of champagne from the billecarte champagne house
One is a 1991 champagne brut
One is Rose champagne
The other a brut reserve
They are housed in a wooden box
Could you tell me whether they would be worth anything or even drinkable now ?

Thank you

Answer
Diana,

To answer your question initially many thanks for the pictures, your Jeraboams have some value and will still be very drinkable, you are looking at a value of all 3 in the region of £400/600. possibly more when I have had a look at them.
To give you some idea of auctions wr would charge 15% of the hammer price, but no VAT if you are a private individual and not a Company.

The other possible problem with bigger bottles of Champagne is that they are produced from original bottle sizes and decanted into the Jeraboams, therfore unless this process is carried out efficiently then over even a few years the fizz tends to be dissipated, which can effect the values, yet again a reason for needing to see them before commiting to a concrete valuation.

Kind regards,

David Baines, Wine Consultant to Charterhouse Auctions, Sherborne, Dorset. DT9 3BS.

db@charterhouse-auctions .co.uk

07974810190 Mobile.

Wine

David Baines