Wine/wine past its prime

I have a large wine cellar and lots of reds that I am afraid are past their prime.  I have heard there is a small 'wine thief' of sorts that you can put in a bottle and it will indicate if the wine is good or past its prime.  Do you know of this?

Yes I have heard of this "thief" however I feel that it is a last resort to use, with high quality wines a better way of determining the age are things like colour, level of wine in the bottle, sign of any weeping from the cork, condition of the label and capsule, and possibly the most important any verifiable information on progeny.
Perhaps if you sent me a list I could give you some indications on the wines.

Kind regards,

David Baines

I can answer any questions with regard to Wines of the world, Spirits and Liqueurs.

I am at present the Wines & Spirits Consultant/valuer to Charterhouse Auctions Sherborn Dorset UK.

As above but in a retired mode.

I was an Expert with you until I had to stop because of ill health, I am now recovered and would like to continue.

I have a teaching Degree and am a WSET Wine Educator (retired) I am also a Fellow of The British Institute of Innkeeping (Retired and a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality (Retired)

Cert ED

Consultant / Vauer to Charterhouse Auctions Sherborne Dorset UK, Lecturer at the City of Bath College Bath UK Training adviser to several Organisations in the S W UK.