Wine/Burati Asti Spumante 1976

I have at best guess a 1976 Burati Asti Spumante that was a wedding gift in 1976. Is it of any value to sell and is it still drinkable?

Thanks, Sandy

Hi Sandy,

I'm afraid there's no value here as no auction house or merchant would be interested in a single bottle of  this low-cost fizz, even if it had just been bottled; certainly not in one this old that's decades past it's peak drinkability.

It would not be lawful to offer this for sale privately in your country so I'm afraid the tip awaits - unless you want the experience of tasting it first but I'd be astonished if you wanted to finish the bottle!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.