Wine/Martell Cordon Bleu L.E 700ml Cognac

Question
I was given this bottle in 1972 as a gift. I was going to celebrate with when I completed my military career but could not do it. It is a frosted green bottle with the No CA6994. It has a thin green and gold ribbon from the middle front to the middle back of the bottle going over the top. It has never been opened but has a scuff hole (Small) under the Bleu on the label and the back part of the ribbon is missing. Sorry I should have said I am in Australia 90km north of Melbourne. Thank you. Robert Harris

Answer
Robert,

It sounds like your bottle is in fairly good condition, Cordon Bleu was very popular in the 60s and 70s, I spent those years running restaurants in the North of England, and it was probably the most popular cognac.
I would value for auction purposes £60/80 GBP.

Kind regards,

David Baines Wines and Spirits Consultant to Charterhouse Auctions, Sherborne, Dorset U K.

Wine

David Baines