Wine/Martell Cordon Bleu L.E 700ml Cognac

I was given this bottle in 1972 as a gift. I was going to celebrate with when I completed my military career but could not do it. It is a frosted green bottle with the No CA6994. It has a thin green and gold ribbon from the middle front to the middle back of the bottle going over the top. It has never been opened but has a scuff hole (Small) under the Bleu on the label and the back part of the ribbon is missing. Sorry I should have said I am in Australia 90km north of Melbourne. Thank you. Robert Harris

It sounds like your bottle is in fairly good condition, Cordon Bleu was very popular in the 60s and 70s, I spent those years running restaurants in the North of England, and it was probably the most popular cognac.
I would value for auction purposes £60/80 GBP.

Kind regards,

David Baines Wines and Spirits Consultant to Charterhouse Auctions, Sherborne, Dorset U K.

David Baines

I can answer any questions with regard to Wines of the world, Spirits and Liqueurs.

I am at present the Wines & Spirits Consultant/valuer to Charterhouse Auctions Sherborn Dorset UK.

As above but in a retired mode.

I was an Expert with you until I had to stop because of ill health, I am now recovered and would like to continue.

I have a teaching Degree and am a WSET Wine Educator (retired) I am also a Fellow of The British Institute of Innkeeping (Retired and a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality (Retired)

Cert ED

Consultant / Vauer to Charterhouse Auctions Sherborne Dorset UK, Lecturer at the City of Bath College Bath UK Training adviser to several Organisations in the S W UK.