Wine/175 Croft Vintage Port

Hi David
I have a 12 bottle case of Croft Vintage Port 1975 bottled in Oporto in 1977. I live in Belfast but would perhaps auction in England. I'd be keen to know your valuation.
Many thanks Chris

Hi Chris,

This is difficult to value as these are now rather old for any Port from what was never a great vintage but I think you might hope for bids in the £250/300 range for an unopened OWC.

I don't know of any specialist wine auctioneers in NI but I'm sure J Straker Chadwick's in Abergavenny ( or the on-line auctioneers Bid for Wine ( would help you. Don't forget to allow for their commission.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.