Wine/Handling and value of 2 wines

I'm wondering how best to handle and the value of the two wines below:

Tries 1997 Ice wine 375ml

Pillar Estates 1997 Limited Edition Founders Series 375ml

Thank you

A little unsure, I am assuming this is Peller Estate Signature Series Ice Wine and Trius Ice Wine both wines from Niagra Pennisula, Canada. These wines are pretty rare as production is very small and they just don't turn up at auction. That being said current releases of both are in the $50/375ml range so not inexpensive. Whether or not they have the pedigree to interest buyers with mature bottles is a big question. If the bottles have been stored in temperature controlled cellar conditions there no reason to believe they aren't still good or even great but it's hard to know and if provenance is questionable it's a problem. At best I'd expect $100 plus or minus for the Peller and $75 plus or minus for the Trius. As far as handling they should be in temperature controlled storage, 55F.  

Joshua Farrell

I can answer most any question about wine- types, styles, grape varieties, regions, vintages, proper storage, production, wine and food pairing, wine service, decanting, proper glassware, serving temperatures etc. Regarding questions about specific bottles of wine, since I live in the U.S. my focus is on wines imported here. I can't answer questions about spirits and liquor valuations.

I have over 20 years of experience. I was a wine buyer and sommelier in NYC for many years including 4 years at Windows on the World which was NY's number one wine restaurant. I created and taught a Wine Appreciation Course at Borough of Manhattan Community College. I have worked for the past 15 years for the Wine Enthusiast Cos. as Editor, Columnist, Wine Storage Consultant and am currently Wine Director and Buyer for their online wine website, I recently judged in the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition. Follow me on Twitter @WEX_Josh

Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Diversions Magazine

Windows on the World Wine School- completed all courses from beginning to advanced. Former member of the Sommelier Society of NY. Competed in the Food and Wines of France Sommelier Competition. Traveled to wine regions in Europe including, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Alsace, Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto, Rioja, and Jerez. Visited wine regions in NY's Finger Lakes, California's Sonoma, Napa and Central Coast and Oregon's Willamette Valley.