(This is not a spam or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please tell me: is it a fact that wine can make us sleepy?

If it is a fact, would you please explain to me in a easy way that I can understand: why dose it?

Hi Cameron,

Wine, like any other alcoholic beverage (beer, cider, spirits) can indeed make you sleepy and relaxed if consumed in an irresponsible way, even making you unfit to operate machines or drive cars because your reaction times will be increased.

Please, read carefully this page:

More information on how to consume wine responsibly are on other pages of the same webpages. Explore and learn.

Antonio Rocha Graša

Viticulture issues, enology / winemaking issues. Wine regions of the world, with specialisation in the wines of Portugal, including Port. Tasting and sensory analysis, chemical analysis and the relation between both. Wine industry and wine economics (BUT NOT PRICES OF WINES). Sources of information regarding any aspect of wine. The human element of the wine industry and the integration of all aspects and sciences that concur to make a wine. Terroir.

I have been a winemaker for 20 years. I am also in charge of the R&D department of the largest wine company in Portugal.

Sogrape Vinhos S.A. ADVID (Association for the Development of Viticulture in Douro)

Degree in Enology - UTAD, Vila Real, Portugal