Wine/wine searching

QUESTION: Dear Mr.Ling,
I am searching for a wine called: SZIGETVAR-INSELBURGER red
AUSBRUCH grape wine
Product of Hungary,
Bottled in Langenlonsheim West Germany
Shipped by Furshliche Hofkellerli GMBH WEIKERSHEIM West Germany
Imported by H.L.P. Import Co. Elk Grove Village Illinois
These are all the info I have on a empty bottle label.
If you could find any info about this wine, I would appreciate it.
Thank You

ANSWER: Hi Julia,

I think this is a product of the Pieroth party-plan wine organisation that gained notoriety some years ago for adulterating sweet Austrian wines so your local agent might be able to help if there is one. But ... !

QUESTION: Hello Mr. Ling,
Thank you for your respond, but I still don't know where can I find
this wine. I searched, and searched, but I get to a dead end each time...
I can not find any local agent, either...
Thank You again.

Hi Julia,

I don't know of any merchants in AZ who offer any Ausbruch wines and I'm afraid the particular one you mention may be impossible to find anywhere.

But many US merchants list some so it might be worth checking if any of these merchants and auction houses ship to your state:

Otherwise, I suggest you go into your local branch of Total Wine and More and ask about their Italian Ripassos as you may like these as an alternative.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.