Wine/Cognac valuations

I have a bottle of Gaston De Lagrange, in presentation box, bottle
is ships decanter shape with stopper, rope around neck.
Contains Old Grande Champagn,  cognac, also
a bottle of Extra Courvoisier Cognac, Vigne Collection Erte, with
a painting of a woman on the front all in presentation box.
Could you give me a guide to price, thank you

Hi Roger,

I think you'd get a more-accurate figure if you offered these to a specialist dealer in rare spirits such as The Whisky Exchange ( as I'm sure they'd make you an offer to buy these for stock and might be willing to sell them for you on a commission basis - which should give you a higher figure if you have it in mind to sell and are prepared to wait for them to find a buyer.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.