Wine/FINE TAWNY PORT

Question
FINE TAWNY PORT
FINE TAWNY PORT  
I have recently aquired a bottle labaled as following:

FINE TAWNY PORT
IN COMMEMORATIONS OF
THE JUBILEE, 1910-1935
FEUERHEERD'S SUPPLIED THE ONLY PORT WINE AT THE
BANQUETS GIVEN BY THE PRESIDENT OF FRANCE TO
H.M. KING GEORGR V AT THE ELYSÉE, APRIL 21st 1914
AND NOVEMBER 28th 1918.
______________________________

SPECIALLY SHIPPED AND BOTTLED BY
FEUERHEERD, WEARNE & Cº Ltd.
LONDON
PRODUCE OF PORTUGAL

The seal of garantee is 521231

I am from Portugal and I would apreciate any information about this PORT WINE.

Best Regards
Luis Lamela

Answer
Hi Luis,

I'm not sure how much I can tell anyone from Portugal about this famous Portuguese company but Feuerheerd’s was founded in 1815 by the German trader Dietrich Matthias Feuerheerd who established his business in Oporto. In 1926 the company was sold to the Barros family and remains active under the Barros Almeida umbrella.

He was co-founder with Frank Wearne of the London merchants Feuerheerd Wearne that was eventually taken over by the Sherry house Gonzales Byass who were also active in the Port trade.

Your bottle will have been blended from casks of various ages in around 1910 and could interest collectors, although most concentrate on Vintage Ports.

I don't know how detailed the company's records are but it might be worth asking them for help too: http://www.baraodevilar.com/en/contacts/,

David
.

Wine

David Ling