Wine/value of 2 bottles

1) Grande fine Champagne
grande reserve fountveille
premier coup de cognac
Distilled and estate bottled by M & Ragnaud
domaine de la ambleville charente, france
no date on label
2)cuvee bicentrnaire
ja hennessy& co
This cognac  commemorates
200th anniversary of united states
Bottle no. 007917

Hi Steve,

It's difficult to value old Cognacs from afar as there are so many variables that govern what anyone might pay for them so I suggest you contact a local wine auctioneer like Hart Davis Hart in Chicago ( to arrange for them to be valued as potential entries into one of their auctions.

But I can say that both your bottles come from reputable makers so I don't think you'd have difficulty finding a buyer. The lack of vintage dates needn't concern you as the vast majority of Cognac is blended from different distillations.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.