Wine/A bottle of Robin Fils & Cie . Ltd Champagne

Question
Josh,
I have a bottle of unknown age that my Uncle had kept in the house.  It is a 4/5 Pt. bottle of a NY State Dry Imperator out of Penn Yan, NY.

Should we try to open it a see what we find OR Is it something we should turn over to a knowledgeable expert.

We have no concerns except that wasting a vintage product is inappropriate.

Bob & Betty Munhall

Answer
Bob,
Robin Imperator Dry is a New York State sparkling wine that was popular in the 50's and early 60's. It was an inexpensive wine and not one that would be considered  agable. Particularly since yours is a half bottle I do not expect that it would still be drinkable, but it can't hurt to try.

Wine

Joshua Farrell