Wine/champagne

Question
Hello David

I am assuming my Champagne has no value but it looks nice in its wooden box.
I have a case of hankey bannister epernay M.A.2 .618.029 also
Renaudin Bollinger & co . Ay Champagne M.M.2.433.362 Special Curvee Quality Dry. I don't think I have spelt all the words correct as the labels are hard to read.
Any information will be interesting as I live near the village of Kirkby Fleetham and worked for the Courage Family

Kind regards Kevin

Answer
Hi Kevin,

Bottles of this age are difficult to value as NV Champagnes aren't made for long keeping. I don't think Hankey Bannister or Renaudin Bollinger Champagne have been made for many years. (HB is now a blender of whiskies and Bollinger no longer use the Renaudin name from their history.)

However, it might be worth you contacting Tennant's (http://www.tennants.co.uk/About-Us/Offices/Leyburn.aspx) as this large auction firm holds wine sales from time to time and is fairly near to you.

David
.  

Wine

David Ling