Wireless Communications/weak & Strong Frequencies

why some frequencies on Hotbird Sat are weak and some of them are stronger ?
for example we can recieve 11054 about 65% but other frequencies like 12731 is weaker than it . both of them are DVB-S .
whats the reason ?
we can see this in other satellites .
all frequencies are transmitted from the same satellite(for example hotbird) and with the same condition
Thank you

In Electromagnetic waves we have a concept which is called"Path Loss" happens because of absorption of the environment.

This environment effect is stronger on those waves with smaller "Wave Length"(we cal it λ)

λ=C/f(C= Speed of light and f is frequency) as you could see in this formula 12731 has smaller λ in comparison with 11054

Hope my words were concise and easy to understand.

Wireless Communications

Ali Ahouei

I can answer All Questions about VSAT Technology from A to Z included topologies,terrestrial equipment,RF/If Frequencies,astronomical orbits and other stuff. I can answer All Questions about GUL(GSM/UMTS/LTE) Technology from A to Z included topologies,RAN and Core.

I am a senior Telecommunication Systems Engineer and working for a vsat service provider in my region as a Radio and IDU/ODU designer. Cellular Solution Manager in ZTE.

Saman satellite communications Group(Vsat Service provider) ZTE Corporation.(Cellular network-Solution manager)

WIN Magazin Telco Cloud WiFi Offload

Electronics and Telecommunication

Best employee in ZTE-DIVII Qatar Office