Wireless Communications/wi fi

Question
the local mc burger has wi-fi for free can I make or buy an antenna which will boost that signal enough for me to use it parked in my car  2 blocks away or further even in my house ... is there booster antennas which would amplify this signal

Answer
Yes, you can get a directional antenna that will improve your signal to that WiFi node.  If your smartphone or laptop has a WiFi antenna connector you need only find the right cable or adapter to connect the antenna.  Look for an antenna covering the WiFi range 2.1 to 2.5 GHz as that is the most common band, though there are some WiFi systems using the 5 GHz spectrum.  

Wireless Communications

Jerry Hinshaw