Wireless Communications/vsat bandwidth required for BTS...

Question
QUESTION: Hi Ahouei,

could you please tell me how calculate minimum bandwidth required in Vsat for ZTE/Huawaii BTS, it would be very helpful if you could  calculate bandwidth with reference with number of TRX.

thank you,

ANSWER: Hi

I suggest calculate the maximum BW for more confidence.
The Data rate based on the maximum capacity over one TRX when it support GPRS is around 180Kbps and when it supports EDGE is around 400Kbps. the difference in capacity goes to the various Modulation.

Best,

QUESTION: Dear Ahouei,

could you please elaborate how we get these values. it would be very helpful if you could show the calculations involved.

thank you,

Answer
Bandwidth of One TRX is 200KHz which consists of 8 Time slot. each time slot over 200KHz with GMSK modulation could carry around 28.4Kbps. one time slot is reserved for signaling, then 7 time slots are used for traffic.7*28.4=190Kbps.

For Edge because Modulation is based on QPSK which means 2 bits per symbol then, supported data rate will be 2 times more than GMSK. 7*56=~400Kbps.

Best,

Wireless Communications

Ali Ahouei