Wireless Communications/GSM

GSM uses TDMA. When you are not making a call, are you still put in a time slot or you only be in a time slot when you make a call? If not, how is it still connected to the network? Am I making sense? Thanks

Good question.

In GSM we have two parts, Signaling and Traffic. What you asked is true when the concept is traffic but before or after that, always users or better to be said terminals have signaling connection with network via signalling channels. with this signaling transaction, users' conditions (such as location, handover, roaming, status,...) is live in network.

for Cell planning, at least one TRX is allocated just for signaling.

Wireless Communications

Ali Ahouei

I can answer All Questions about VSAT Technology from A to Z included topologies,terrestrial equipment,RF/If Frequencies,astronomical orbits and other stuff. I can answer All Questions about GUL(GSM/UMTS/LTE) Technology from A to Z included topologies,RAN and Core.

I am a senior Telecommunication Systems Engineer and working for a vsat service provider in my region as a Radio and IDU/ODU designer. Cellular Solution Manager in ZTE.

Saman satellite communications Group(Vsat Service provider) ZTE Corporation.(Cellular network-Solution manager)

WIN Magazin Telco Cloud WiFi Offload

Electronics and Telecommunication

Best employee in ZTE-DIVII Qatar Office