Wireless Communications/CLEAN UP

(This is not a spam question or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please explain to me in a simple way that I can understand: why do batteries need to get rubbed on soft things occasionally so they can work again when you put them back into the device?

Cameron, although my profile states that I answer questions related to Canada's General Mobile Radio Service, so you are asking me a question not related to why I am on here, I will answer it for you. Battery ends oxidize over time and build up a film of thin gunk that inhibits the flow of electrons. By rubbing the battery ends with something soft, and a pencil erasure is the best the use, it cleans the gunk off the batteries so the electrons can flow freely again. Phil

Wireless Communications

Phillip J. Boucher

I can answer any and all questions related to both the uses and the equipment of the General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS)and the Family Radio Service (FRS) in Canada.