Wireless Communications/Phone calls can be listen on Radio

A friend told me, people just tune their radio on different frequencies and catch the someone's call.

Is it true our Phone/Voip/Whatsapp/Viber Calls can be listen by other by tuning radio?

Don't know is it true but I am afraid about privacy.

Could you tell me is it possible?

many Thanks and regards

Dear Shakeel,

As possibility point of view, my answer is yes; but you should know that, this yes doesn't mean easy possible.

each radio channel established between two terminals based on hidden protocols and voice encryption, which is not easy or possible for everybody to be detected and opened. beside, there is channel hopping which makes the tracing of the voice-channel much more difficult.

To sum up, except the operator who has access to the protocols and coding scheme of the channel, for the others it is impossible to eavesdrop.

Wireless Communications

Ali Ahouei

I can answer All Questions about VSAT Technology from A to Z included topologies,terrestrial equipment,RF/If Frequencies,astronomical orbits and other stuff. I can answer All Questions about GUL(GSM/UMTS/LTE) Technology from A to Z included topologies,RAN and Core.

I am a senior Telecommunication Systems Engineer and working for a vsat service provider in my region as a Radio and IDU/ODU designer. Cellular Solution Manager in ZTE.

Saman satellite communications Group(Vsat Service provider) ZTE Corporation.(Cellular network-Solution manager)

WIN Magazin Telco Cloud WiFi Offload

Electronics and Telecommunication

Best employee in ZTE-DIVII Qatar Office