Women's Fitness/Flexibility

Hi Robbie. I was wondering how can I make ny legs flexible. (like if I wanted to make ny nose touch my knees) just an example. when I tried stretching everyday my hamstrings were so sore. I don't know if that's even normal but please help.  i gave up on it because i didnt notice any progress. thanks

Hi Simona,

When stretching you need to stretch just enough so the body doesn't think you are doing something that could injure it, and thus activate a reverse stretch reflex. So just stretch till you feel slight tension, hold for 10-15 secs...then a bit more if your body allows it. Listen to your body, and only do what it allows you to do. Don't bounce or do anything that would signal to your body that you are hurting it. Hopefully in time you will be able to go further and further. The more you co-operate with your body the more it will co-operate with you....hope this helps.

Women's Fitness

Robbie Bugo

I run a very successful Personal Training business of over 7 years. I have represented my country at World Championship level. I hold a diploma of Exercise Science. 95% of my clientelle is women. I can answer questions relating to fat loss, toning, fitness, boxing and kickboxing for fat loss, functional exercise, strength training, flexibility training. You can check out my website at: www.xfitness.com.au

Been involved with sport, health and fitness from my teenage years. Now 37. National Rep. Training towards a natural bodybuilding contest. PT for over 7 years. Extensive martial arts experience. Have heaps of testimonials on my website

Fitness Institute Australia. Registered with Fitness NSW and Fitness Australia.

Certificate III and IV Personal Trainer. Diploma of Exercise Science

Checkout my website