Women's Fitness/Body shape question.

My measurements are 37 28 41 and I'm considered pear shape. I carry fat around my middle, hips and thighs. But the belt part of my hips doesn't really have much fat, but the fat does sit on my belly and on my thigh as what they would call 'saddle-bags'. My hips do sit pretty high (I could put the beginning of my hand at where my hips start and only reach the top of my butt) considering that I have a long torso and legs. I'm 5'5" and weigh around 144 lbs. Is it possible that I could have narrow hips, or do I just need to lose some fat?

Thank you!

Hi Ayla,

Thanks for your question. It does sound like you have a narrow waist for your hips, but as for the longer waist length it could appear to accentuate the hip size. I think if you lose some body fat around your problem areas it would help. Maybe some upper body weights to help increase metabolism and balance the pear shape.

Hope this helps

Women's Fitness

Robbie Bugo

I run a very successful Personal Training business of over 7 years. I have represented my country at World Championship level. I hold a diploma of Exercise Science. 95% of my clientelle is women. I can answer questions relating to fat loss, toning, fitness, boxing and kickboxing for fat loss, functional exercise, strength training, flexibility training. You can check out my website at:

Been involved with sport, health and fitness from my teenage years. Now 37. National Rep. Training towards a natural bodybuilding contest. PT for over 7 years. Extensive martial arts experience. Have heaps of testimonials on my website

Fitness Institute Australia. Registered with Fitness NSW and Fitness Australia.

Certificate III and IV Personal Trainer. Diploma of Exercise Science

Checkout my website