Women`s History/National History Day Project

My friend and I are doing our NHD project on Alice Paul and the theme is Exploration, Encounter, and Exchange in history. We were wondering if we could get an email interview or just some information about her from someone so we have a strong, supporting, secondary source. We understand if you do not have the time for this, but we really would appreciate it.
   Thank you for your time and consideration,
  -Jenna and Chance

Dear Jenna and  Chance:

I have written a piece about Alice Paul, which is on my website at

I assume you read that piece and that's why you emailed me at That piece pretty well includes everything I know about Alice Paul.  If there's something else you would like, please email me at and tell me what it is.

Also, I am in touch with several people who are involved with Alice Paul in various ways.  If you email me, I'll let them know of your interest and they can contact you if they like.

Women`s History

Sonia Pressman Fuentes

I am one of the founders of the second wave of the women`s movement. I was a founder of NOW and FEW (Federally Employed Women) and the first woman attorney in the Office of the General Counsel at the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission). I am an expert in the history of the women`s movement in the 1960s and '70s, especially in the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibited employment discrimination based on sex, among other things.

I have been involved in women's rights since 1965.

I belong to NOW and the Veteran Feminists of America nationally and the Brandeis University National Women's Committee in Sarasota, FL. I am a member of the board of Americans United for Separation of Church and State in Sarasota, FL. My writing has appeared in law and other journals, newspapers and magazines, both in hard copy and online, all over the world. Examples are the "Washington Post"; the Kielce-Radom Special Interest Journal for; "Outlook," Canada's progressive Jewish magazine; The Philippines Law Journal; "Common Sense," an international law journal; "Jewish Affairs," in South Africa; and "Frontiers," a feminist law journal.

I have a B.A. from Cornell University, where I graduated Phi Beta Kappa and an LL.B. from the University of Miami School of Law, where I graduated first in my class.

Superior Performance Award at the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission); Medal of Honor from the Veteran Feminists of America; induction into the Maryland Women's Hall of Fame; inclusion in various Who's Who of Women publications; inclusion in "Women of Achievement in Maryland History" reference work; Women at Work award.