Women`s Issues/Female Girl Group

Question
Hello:

I know that this may seem naive of me to ask but what does the "Pussy Riot" female group represent as to the music it makes?
And also, why did the group select that name? Is the group referring to a women's vulva?

I thank you for your reply.

Answer
Dear Kenneth:

I am not an expert on the Pussy Riot group.  However, "pussy" is vulgar slang for the vagina or vulva, so it would appear that the group had that in mind in selecting their name.

If you go to google and type in "Pussy Riot," you should be able to get information on the type of music the group plays.

Best,
Sonia

Women`s Issues

Sonia Pressman Fuentes