Women`s Issues/Women playing college baseball

Iím writing a story about Sarah Hudek, a freshman playing baseball at Bossier Parish Community College in Bossier City, La.

Do you see an impact from women participating on traditionally male teams, such as baseball, football?
Is there a changing role of gender in sports?  
Is baseball different than, say, football in its ability to be gender inclusive?
Why do we still separate boys and girls in sports at all? Is it still necessary, and why only in some instances?
What do young women to gain from competing with men in the athletic arena?

Dear Jimmy:

I told my friend to forget about your questions since you don't have the time. Would you want me to answer some of the questions so that you have a feminist you can quote in your article or is it too late?

PS Thanks for the nice rating--even though I haven't answered any of your questions.

I am an expert in women's rights, but I have a feminist friend named Nancy Hogshead-Makar who specializes in women's rights in sports.  It would make more sense if she would answer your questions than I since this is her particular area.  I will email her as soon as I finish this email, and ask her to send me her answers to your questions and then get them to you.

If I don't hear from her in a few days, I'll try to call her.

Either way I'll get back to you.

Women`s Issues

Sonia Pressman Fuentes

I am an author, public speaker, feminist leader and lawyer. I was the first woman attorney in the Office of the General Counsel at the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) and a founder of WEAL (Women`s Equity Action League) and FEW (Federally Employed Women). I am an expert in the field of women`s rights to be free of employment discrimination based on sex.

I spent eight years as an attorney with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and worked for one year as a volunteer attorney with the Montgomery County, MD, Human Relations Commission. I have lectured all over the world and the U.S. on women's rights to be free of employment discrimination based on sex and had articles on the subject published in newspapers, magazines, and journals and on the Internet. I also spent 11 years with multinational corporations in the field of EEO and labor law.

I belong to NOW and the Veteran Feminists of America nationally and the Brandeis University National Women's Committee in Sarasota, FL. I am a member of the board of Americans United for the Separation of Church and State in Sarasota, FL.

See my Web site at for articles written by me, information on my memoir, "Eat First--You Don't Know What They'll Give You, The Adventures of an Immigrant Family and Their Feminist Daughter," and interviews of me.

I have an LLB from the University of Miami School of Law in Florida.

I received a superior performance award at the EEOC and was inducted into the Maryland Women's Hall of Fame, among other awards and honors.