Woodworking/How to make wood shaving roses

Linda Kaman wrote at 2014-08-12 00:08:13
I make wooden rose its really easy you use wood shavings from birch, oak, apple wood , or elm basically what ever wood . I soak the shavings to make more plyable an I tack the petals with hot glue try it . It took me a few times to get the wooden rose to look right , but keep trying  

maura macaluso

I can answer almost all questions regarding woodcarving, chip carving, scroll sawing, carving tools and techniques and can answer most questions regarding wood. I am not an appraiser of carvings nor an antique dealer.

I am a custom woodcarver. I have been carving for many years now, have won numerous awards, and am very well connected in the world of woodcarving. I am the owner/operator of

national association of woodcarvers, woodcarvers of queens, Richmond county carvers club, carving life panel of experts

Chip chats, carving magazine

Have taken many, many classes and instruction from many fine carvers, I was originally self taught which is the best way to learn. Many thousands of carving hours later and I find that I am now well-respected.

numerous 1st place and other title awards at different venues

My work is now in international collections