Woodworking/white haze on cherry cabinets

Question
QUESTION: For the last several years, 12 year old cherry cabinets have an occasional "white haze" on them.  I have to really rub hard with a good dusting cloth to remove the haze.  It is not on all of the cabinets.... inside doors on some, outside door on others. These were very expensive Grabill cabinets and I would like them to look like the cherry they are.  Thanks.

ANSWER: Hi Linda...is this haze near the areas of the kitchen that experience high humidity? (over the dishwasher, sink area, etc.)and is this a relatively new phenomena?...or has it happened since you've first owned them?...please post back- regards- Greg

QUESTION: Thanks for asking for clarification. It is most common on the cabinets next to the refrigerator and has been occuring for last 5-6 years.
Linda

Answer
Hard to know what could be causing this....are these areas where someone touches? The fact that it does rub off makes it sound as though it is not something coming from the cabinets, but rather something from hands, or another source...but the fact that it's most prevalent near the fridge, and sometimes inside the cabinets is also odd...is it all over an area, or just in small spots?It may also be a good idea to contact the manufacturer and inquire...perhaps someone else has reported this as well.

Woodworking

Greg Scholl