Woodworking/epoxy lacquer

Question
Hi Greg!

I need to refinish some wood keys on a musical keyboard and a technician told me to use epoxy lacquer.  Do you have any recommendations for a manufacturer of this?  Hopefully there is something out there that's easy to work with--perhaps in an aerosol.

Thank you,
Mike

Answer
Hey Mike, no such thing as "epoxy lacquer" that I'm aware of...perhaps he means catalyzed lacquer,which is a lacquer that does "crosslink" chemically during drying and produces a harder finish than regular lacquers, similar to how epoxies cure....there are several manufacturers that make this in an aerosol..like Mohawk. I buy aerosols from Pond Cove in Maine, which will ship anywhere...I'm assuming you would want a Satin or even a flat gloss level for keys such as this...

http://www.pondcovepaint.com/content/page/catalog_product/id/1938/High_Solids_Pr

Hope that helps-Post back if need be- Regards-Greg

Woodworking

Greg Scholl