Woodworking/Craft Wood

I do not know if you can help me but I did not see any other Forums here for my type of Q/A.

I am making a Toy Bilding and need Pre Cut Hobbey Wood or Press Board.

If I go into the Hobbey Store they sell big bags of Pre Cut Hobbey Wood but all diferant sizes.

I need to buy a lot of one size.

I will be Gluing them?

Bob, you need to find a local hobby shop, not a Michaels or AC Moore, but a real old fashioned type hobby shop for people who make remote controlled planes and models. They will carry the wood you are looking for.  Go get a phone book, remember them? Look up hobby shop and go from there. Save yourself some time and call and ask, if they aren't the right place, they may be able to direct you to it.   Thanks for the question. Have a good day.

maura macaluso

I can answer almost all questions regarding woodcarving, chip carving, scroll sawing, carving tools and techniques and can answer most questions regarding wood. I am not an appraiser of carvings nor an antique dealer.

I am a custom woodcarver. I have been carving for many years now, have won numerous awards, and am very well connected in the world of woodcarving. I am the owner/operator of

national association of woodcarvers, woodcarvers of queens, Richmond county carvers club, carving life panel of experts

Chip chats, carving magazine

Have taken many, many classes and instruction from many fine carvers, I was originally self taught which is the best way to learn. Many thousands of carving hours later and I find that I am now well-respected.

numerous 1st place and other title awards at different venues

My work is now in international collections