Good day
With reference to cutting a few hundred of 2 inch X 2 inch pieces of wood that had nails in them. Some of the nails could not be pulled out and fragments on the nails are trapped inside the wood.
In cutting these pieces of wood, I have a chop saw and and a circular saw.
To prevent saw blade damage and injury (when cutting these pieces of wood and in the event the blade makes contact with nail fragments stuck inside the wood), what type of saw would be safe to use in this instance.

Hello, Sawing timber with nails is a risky affair in my opinion and something I think twice about doing. There the risk of bits of metal being ejected and possible damage to your power tools. It is hard for me to give advice on this when I had never experienced using saw blade on cutting nailed timber. Having said that, saw blades that can cope with nails in timber have been around for for a few years now. Best bet for yourself is to put into Google "saw blades cutting nails" and it should bring up a range of blades in the shopping section. You really need to check to see whether the blades are suit for your chop saw/circular saw. I have this link to help you in your search. http://www.screwfix.com/p/evolution-rage-multipurpose-blade-210mm/58779?kpid=587

Hope this helps

Stuart Mawle

Now been a carpenter & joiner for the past twenty years in the UK. I can give avice / help on carpentry & joinery, health & safety, woodworking machinery, power tools and suppliers.

I have served an indentured carpentry apprenticeship with a medium sized building contractor doing a wide range of domestic and commercial work. This has included office buildings, barn conversions, building extensions and renovations. During my career, I spent over three years as a wood trades technician at a college. My job involved joinery work, wood maching and helping CITB carpentry & joinery students` pratical projects. Spent three years as a accredited NVQ assessor covering site carpentry and bench joinery. Now I teach my skills to others.

Institute of carpenters

I have city and guild qualifications in site carpentry and purpose made joinery. An indentured apprenticeship Hold the equivalent of a master craftsman status.