Woodworking/Question regarding chisel tool set

I wanted to gift my friend a basic wood carving tool set. I have gone through online shopping products. Found 12 piece chisel set which costs 600 Rupees in Indian currency. the description says the material is of wood and steel. Will the steel blades last longer?
Please help me if I can buy this product ..
Thank you,

Carving chisels
Carving chisels  
Yes, this is a basic set of woodcarving tools.  They are inexpensive and low quality.   If a person is determined and motivated they will be able to work with these if there are no better tools available.  I have learned that it pays to buy quality tools so the carver does not get frustrated with cheap tools.  If the tools are not a good quality it will be harder to sharpen them and keep them sharp.  Here is a better option for a beginner carver.  We use these in my teaching class.

maura macaluso

I can answer almost all questions regarding woodcarving, chip carving, scroll sawing, carving tools and techniques and can answer most questions regarding wood. I am not an appraiser of carvings nor an antique dealer.

I am a custom woodcarver. I have been carving for many years now, have won numerous awards, and am very well connected in the world of woodcarving. I am the owner/operator of

national association of woodcarvers, woodcarvers of queens, Richmond county carvers club, carving life panel of experts

Chip chats, carving magazine

Have taken many, many classes and instruction from many fine carvers, I was originally self taught which is the best way to learn. Many thousands of carving hours later and I find that I am now well-respected.

numerous 1st place and other title awards at different venues

My work is now in international collections