Woodworking/Fix Wood

Question
QUESTION: I have a Real Wood Carrywood Armoire and on the inside self I got Toothpaste and Cologne Stains on it.

I thought I could wipe it up with Soap and Water but I was a little to hard with my Fingernails and I toockup the Top Wood.

So now I have the Stains and Big Big Scaches.

You can see the White Wood under the Charrywood.

I do not want to mass it up more what do I do?
Thanks.

ANSWER: Hey Bob, are you sure it's actually wood? Can you post a picture or two?
Regards, Greg

Wood
Wood  
QUESTION: I uploaded a Photo of the wood with the Deep Scratches in it and Toothpast Stains.

And it is real wood I got it at Raymour and Flanigan.

Answer
Hi Bob, it's likely a veneered panel,...may not be Cherry (a more common wood like Maple or Birch stained and finished to look like Cherry..) and this is not a job for a novice. Likely the whole shelf will need to be stripped and refinished to match, which will require the services of a Pro finisher....especially to effect a match to the factory finish.This is not an easy job, and requires the skills, materials, and knowledge of how to do that. Post back if need be...
Greg

Woodworking

Greg Scholl