Word Problems/math question

Question
Hi. My math question is,
Ten people are competing in a double-elimination chess tournament, that is, a tournament in which a player who loses two matches is out of the tournament. What are the maximum and minimum number of matches that must be played to determine a winner? Thanks for your help.

Answer
When n teams compete in a double-elimination tournament, the minimum numbers of matches is 2n-2 and the maximum is 2n-1.
Unfortunately, I couldn't create an illustration for your question because until now, I'd never heard of a double-elimination tournament (I don't follow competitive sports and games). But the minimum/maximum information was confirmed by several websites.

Each person in the chess tournament constitutes a single team, so there are 10 teams. The minimum number of matches is 18 and the maximum is 19.

Word Problems

Janet Yang