Word Problems/discrete maths

you want to watch TV and you have 37 programs  on table 57 in shell and 12 movies stored on computer hard disk ...
a) how many options do you have to watch TV.
b) no overlap between the movies available on the media .if any movies are in more than one collection , What will you do ?

I do not understand "you have 37 programs  on table 57 in shell and 12 movies stored on computer hard disk." Please explain, and also define "in shell."

You have 37 + 57 + 12 = 106 choices. If this is not the number of options then there must be some constraints that you have not made clear.

Word Problems

Janet Yang

Word problems are my favorite type of math questions! I would not feel comfortable answering questions that require specialized knowledge (Physics, Statistics, etc.) because I have not studied these in depth.

I tutor students (fifth through twelfth grades) and am a Top Contributor on Yahoo!Answers with over 24,000 math solutions.

Co-author of An Outline of Scientific Writing: For Researchers With English as a Foreign Language.

I have a Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of California at Berkeley, and a Master of Business Administration degree from The Wharton School.

George White Elementary School. Homework Help program at the Ridgewood Public Library, Ridgewood, NJ. Individual students.