Word Problems/curiuos

Question
I have this word problem in this ASVAB test study book that I hope u can help me with.

"A Lion runs 50 mph in pursuit of a Zebra running at 40 mph.  If the initial distance between them was a quarter of a mile, how long will it take the Lion to catch the Zebra?"
 By the way, this is a multiple choice problem & they are:

A) 1.5 mins
  B) 1 min
  C) 2 mins
  D) 1 .5 hours
Can u please tell me how u got the answer as well.  Thank you

Answer
"A Lion runs 50 mph in pursuit of a Zebra running at 40 mph."
The distance between them decreases at the rate of 10 miles per hour (50 - 40 = 10).

"The initial distance between them was a quarter of a mile. How long will it take the Lion to catch the Zebra?"
0.25 mile (1 hour/10 miles) = 0.025 hour

1 hour = 60 minutes
0.025 hour 60 minutes/hour = 1.5 minutes

Word Problems

Janet Yang