Word Problems/Math

I want to make a necklace that has a bead placed every 1 1/4 inches. It needs to be 20 inches. Thee should be no beads at the end of the necklace. How many beads do I need? Please explain how I can get the answer. Thank you

When the ends are connected, the necklace will be a circle with a circumference of 20 inches, divided by beads into sections 1" each.
201 = 16
You need 16 beads.

Place the first and last beads ⅝" from an end. That way, the necklace will be symmetrical when worn.

Word Problems

Janet Yang

Word problems are my favorite type of math questions! I would not feel comfortable answering questions that require specialized knowledge (Physics, Statistics, etc.) because I have not studied these in depth.

I tutor students (fifth through twelfth grades) and am a Top Contributor on Yahoo!Answers with over 24,000 math solutions.

Co-author of An Outline of Scientific Writing: For Researchers With English as a Foreign Language.

I have a Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of California at Berkeley, and a Master of Business Administration degree from The Wharton School.

George White Elementary School. Homework Help program at the Ridgewood Public Library, Ridgewood, NJ. Individual students.