Word Problems/Physical Science word Problem

There is and order of 7,500 cars that need to be delivered in 1 week. The cars need new hoods and ornaments which requires 1hr. and 15min.Workers work a standard work week of (8hrs.per day for 5 days). How many workers must be assigned to this job to meet deadline?

There are 7,500 cars requiring 5/4 hours work on each car.
To get the total hours required, take 7,500*5/4 and get 9,375 hours.

The workers involved each work 8*5 = 40 hours per week.

To get the answer, take 9,375 hours * 1 worker / 40 hour, and that give the workers required.

The answer needs to be rounded up for if it is, for example, 101.2, then 101 workers wouldn't complete the job.  If there were 102 workers, it would.

I believe the answer to be 235 workers, but do the division yourself to check.
That is, take 9.375 / 40.

Word Problems

Scott A Wilson

I have answered every question that was a story problems that had any relation to math for which an answer existed. I have ever answered some questions which had a vague relation to math, but still related.

My experience is from when I started doing story problems in grade school. I have been assisting, helping, and bringing smiles to many others ever since. Are you the next one?

In over 850 questions answered to other users. Maybe you're the next one ...

I received a BA in Mathematical Sciences from OSU and a MS in Mathematics from OSU as well.

I earned Both my BS degree and MS degree with honors for having such a high grade point average.

I have answered hundreds and hundreds of students at OSU in the 80's and over 8,500 questions right here, but only a little over 850 of them have been word problems.