Word Problems/Investment Account Value

An investor invests $33,000 at 5% compounded annually for 10 years. He also deposits $2,165 every year in the account for ten years.  How much will he have at the end of 10 years?

I thank you for your reply.

The answer is found by taking $33,000 * 1.05^10  +  2,165(1.05^10 - 1)/0.05.
At the end of 10 years this is $53,753.52 + $27,231.14.
The answer to that is $80,984.66.

To get this, I used the formula for a future value F given an annuity A, n periods,
and i interest.  It is F = A*((1+i)^n - 1)/i).

Word Problems

Scott A Wilson

I have answered every question that was a story problems that had any relation to math for which an answer existed. I have ever answered some questions which had a vague relation to math, but still related.

My experience is from when I started doing story problems in grade school. I have been assisting, helping, and bringing smiles to many others ever since. Are you the next one?

In over 850 questions answered to other users. Maybe you're the next one ...

I received a BA in Mathematical Sciences from OSU and a MS in Mathematics from OSU as well.

I earned Both my BS degree and MS degree with honors for having such a high grade point average.

I have answered hundreds and hundreds of students at OSU in the 80's and over 8,500 questions right here, but only a little over 850 of them have been word problems.