Word Problems/Earning Vacation time

An employee earns vacation time as follows:

0.0923076 of an hour for each hour in pay status

How many hours of vacation time does he earn in one week working 40 hours?

Is this calculation correct?

(0.0923076 hour)/(1 hour) X (40 hours)

I want to see how the units cancel so that the answer is in hours.

I thank you for your reply.

Yes, but the units are wrong.
The rate is $.0923076 / hour.

There are 40 hours / week, so multiplying by 40 hours / week would cancel the hours and leave dollars/week.

To get and answer in hours makes no sense.  There needs to be a time with that.
For example, 8 hours / day, 40 hours / week, 2,000 hours / year , etc.

Word Problems

Scott A Wilson

I have answered every question that was a story problems that had any relation to math for which an answer existed. I have ever answered some questions which had a vague relation to math, but still related.

My experience is from when I started doing story problems in grade school. I have been assisting, helping, and bringing smiles to many others ever since. Are you the next one?

In over 850 questions answered to other users. Maybe you're the next one ...

I received a BA in Mathematical Sciences from OSU and a MS in Mathematics from OSU as well.

I earned Both my BS degree and MS degree with honors for having such a high grade point average.

I have answered hundreds and hundreds of students at OSU in the 80's and over 8,500 questions right here, but only a little over 850 of them have been word problems.