Word Problems/Ratos

If one item is outselling another item by 2 to 1, does this ratio indicate that there are 3 items and 2 of them are selling twice as fast at the other? Or to express this in another way, when 1 item is sold 2 of the other item is also sold.

I thank you for your reply!

By the way (which was most likely a type), it is Ratios (not Ratos).

I think the response is yes, but a better way to phrase it would be like this.

One item (x) is outselling another item (y) by 2 to 1, so this ratio indicates that for every 3 items sold, x is selling twice as fast y.  Or to express this in another way, when 2 units from x are sold, 1 unit from y is sold.

Word Problems

Scott A Wilson

I have answered every question that was a story problems that had any relation to math for which an answer existed. I have ever answered some questions which had a vague relation to math, but still related.

My experience is from when I started doing story problems in grade school. I have been assisting, helping, and bringing smiles to many others ever since. Are you the next one?

In over 850 questions answered to other users. Maybe you're the next one ...

I received a BA in Mathematical Sciences from OSU and a MS in Mathematics from OSU as well.

I earned Both my BS degree and MS degree with honors for having such a high grade point average.

I have answered hundreds and hundreds of students at OSU in the 80's and over 8,500 questions right here, but only a little over 850 of them have been word problems.