WordPerfect/inserting photo in WP 10 document

Hi Mike,

I've been trying to insert photos into a WP 10  (version document using INSERT>GRAPHICS>FROM FILE and opening a jpg file with a 71kb-size, 640x640 photo. WP inserts the photo but with a black square in the lower right (or left) quadrant (ie, a quarter of the photo is a black square). I've tried different photos with the same result (on one, half the inserted photo was black). I'm using Windows XP.

Any suggestions?

I'm off to take someone to a chemo appt. but here's some things that comes to mind off the top of my head. Open the jpg with a graphics program and save it as a bmp or some other format. WP always re-formats all images into bitmaps before using them.
Also, try (if available) in Control Panel/uninstall, use the repair option if its available.
Last, version 10 & 12 have a lot of issues with modern operating systems like XP and later. I would definitely consider upgrading to at least X3. You can find 3-5 here at very reasonable prices if you get the OEM version.
Good Luck

Mike McIntyre

I have used WordPerfect since 1989 and am proficient in many of its features. Used it for word processing and desktop publishing. Know little or nothing about spreadsheets and equations

m.Twenty three years using the program.

College Diploma