WordPerfect/WP x5 Lost Search in Files

Question
QUESTION: Power went down; computer shut off. After rebooting, I went into my WP files and the search, which is at the very bottom of the page, is gone.

How do I put it back? Please.

Thanks

ANSWER: Seth - I am going to assume you are referring to the Open File - Documents dialog box window that appears when you are opening a file from within WordPerfect.

You might check the View menu > Status Bar and see if this is what is missing.  This shows the word Searching and a number of files.

I hope this helps.

Nancy

Happy New Year.

QUESTION: Thanks, Nancy, but it's not there. I hit status and nothing changes.

Let's say I'm in a file working and I want to bring up another file. I go into where all my files are. Before the other day at the very bottom of the page was a place to search for a word in those files.

Now, I can only open a file by typing the word into that same slot, but the search capability is gone.

Perhaps that will help you aid me a little better.

Answer
Seth - it is possible the following will help.

http://corel.force.com/index/articles/en_US/Master_Article/753932-Why-cant-I-sea

If this wrapped link does not work you go to Corel.com Support knowledge base and search for "Advanced Search"

Why can't I search files in WordPerfect®?

Print

In WordPerfect®, the Find Now, Advanced and New Search buttons do not exist or are greyed out.

In most cases this means that the QuickFinder™ searching utility is not installed on your system. In other cases, it simply needs to be enabled.

To install QuickFinder, follow the instructions below:

NOTE: OEM, Family Pack, WordPerfect Home Edition and Productivity Pack versions of WordPerfect® do not include the QuickFinder utility. This also includes version of WordPerfect which were bundled with other software, or came with your computer. The following instructions apply to retail versions of WordPerfect ONLY.

For WordPerfect 9:

1. Insert the Office 2000 Disc 1
2. Click WordPerfect Office 2000 setup.
3. Click the option to add new components.
4. Look for utilities and place a checkmark next to Quickfinder, then click next on the rest of the screens leaving the defaults and it should install QuickFinder and allow access to the "find" button you are accustomed to.

For Wordperfect 10:

1. Insert the Wordperfect Office 10 disc.
2. Click on Wordperfect Office 10 from the autorun window.
3. Click on the option to Add New Components.
4. Click on the + next to Utilities. Place a check mark next to QuickFinder.
5. Click next and follow through the remainder of the install.

For WordPerfect 11:

1. Insert the WordPerfect Office 11 disc (Program disc)
2. Click on WordPerfect Office 11 from the autorun menu.
3. Click the option to modify the installation and click next.
4. Click the + next to WordPerfect Office 11.
5. Click the + next to Utilities.
6. Click on the red X next to Quickfinder and choose the option "This feature will be installed on local hard drive."
7. Click next then click install to install Quickfinder. The feature will work the same as it did in the past.

For WordPerfect 12:

1. Insert the WordPerfect Office 12 disc (Program disc)
2. Click on WordPerfect Office 12 from the autorun menu.
4. Click the + next to WordPerfect Office 12.
5. Click the + next to Utilities.

For Wordperfect X3:

1. Click on Start : Control Panel : Add or Remove Programs.

2. Click on WordPerfect Office X3.

3. Click on Change.

4. Click the option to modify the installation and click next.
5. Click the + next to Utilities.
7. Click Next, then click Install to install Quickfinder. The feature will work the same as it did in the past.

For Wordperfect X4:

2. Click on WordPerfect Office X4.

3. Click on Change/Remove.

4. Select Modify, then Next.

5. Click the + next to Utilities.

6. Put a check on Quickfinder, then click on Begin.

In cases wherein Quickfinder is already installed, enabling Quickfinder will allow you to perform the searches.

To enable QuickFinder:

1. Launch WordPerfect
2. Click Tools, Settings, File
3. From the File Settings dialog box, under Document, enable the option: “Use enhanced file dialogs”
4. Click OK
5. Click Close Now when you go to File, Open you should see: Find Now, Advanced, New Search.

Nancy

WordPerfect

Nancy Janyszeski