I have a new computer with Windows 7 and loaded my WP X4.  If I want to correct a word or fill in a blank by double clicking on the word or space, the word before and after are also selected.  I think this can be turned off but I can't remember how to do it.  Can you please help?

I am also having trouble opening pdf files, especially when attached to my email.

I can't find any feature to change that. All I know is that double clicking selects the word or space, triple clicking selects the sentence, and quadruple clicking selects the paragraph. Perhaps try the repair option under Uninstall a Program in Control panel.
About the PDF files. Do you mean you have trouble importing them into WP? If so, I have found that WP rarely can import any document from another format perfectly unless it contains only text and not too fancy formatting of that.
Sorry I couldn't have been more help.
Good luck

Mike McIntyre

I have used WordPerfect since 1989 and am proficient in many of its features. Used it for word processing and desktop publishing. Know little or nothing about spreadsheets and equations

m.Twenty three years using the program.

College Diploma