WordPerfect/Word Perfect X5- newspaper setting

I have just started using the newspaper option in wordperfect. I find that when I reopen my newspaper document it is missing half of what I typed. This has happened to me many times now, to the point that I am woried to use that setting, but I really enjoy it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

ANSWER: Need more info. What do you mean by the "newspaper option." Do you mean newspaper columns?

QUESTION: I open Word Perfect, then I have teh option of what mode, which I always pick Microsoft Word Mode ( for no particular reason), Then I got to start on the left hand column, I choose to start a new project, under creative projects and then choose Newspaper- which is preformatted and and has a cool look.
I get the feeling that it may max out at a certain amount of words or something changes with the formatting and I lose what I have wrote. I retyped from the spot it cut off at in mid sentence. I saved it and then reopened it and it was gone again. I have the feeling what I wrote is there but for some reason I can not see it. ???

ANSWER: I have never actually used that template. Tell me, what version of WP are you using and what operating system, XP, Vista, 7? Also, are you talking about a Newspaper template or the NewsLETTER one?

QUESTION: I am using Word Perfect X5 which i just upated as they suggested and my operating system is Windows 7. You are right I mean the newsLetter one.

OK, I have never used this template but I just did a test use of it and it was all fine. My best guess at fixing this is to go to CONTROL PANEL, choose UNINSTALL A PROGRAM, Word Perfect and choose the REPAIR option. Hope this works for you. If it doesn't, do a complete uninstall and re-install.
Good Luck

Mike McIntyre

I have used WordPerfect since 1989 and am proficient in many of its features. Used it for word processing and desktop publishing. Know little or nothing about spreadsheets and equations

m.Twenty three years using the program.

College Diploma