WordPerfect/WordPerfectX5 backup document

Ciao Mike....

I was working on an important document when wordperfect stop responding and closed :^( it made a backup, but I have no clue how or where to find that back up. Could you please help as to telling me where that goes??

If you re-started WP after this, it should have said to you that an old backup file exists and do you want to open, delete or rename it. If you said to delete it, then it's gone. Below is shown where they are stored, and you can look there and open each file that will open and see if that's the one you are looking for.
Note that in Windows explorer you have to have the rights to view protected system files and hidden files or they will not show up. Open Windows Explorer in Accessories folder or click on START/Computer/Double Click on C: drive. Then click on Organize/Folder and Search Options/View Tab and uncheck Hide proteccted operating system files and under the Hidden files and folders check the Show hidden files.... radio button. The folder the file will be in if it still exists is:
c:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Corel\WordPerfect\[version number, mine is 15]\Backup
It will be called wp{wp}.bk1 or something similar depending on how many files you have open.
If there is no file there, all is still not lost. You need to acquire a utility program that can retrieve files that have been deleted. I use Active@ File Recovery software.
Good Luck

If this answer is helpful, please consider a donation via the PayPal button on this page.
Thank you.

Mike McIntyre

I have used WordPerfect since 1989 and am proficient in many of its features. Used it for word processing and desktop publishing. Know little or nothing about spreadsheets and equations

m.Twenty three years using the program.

College Diploma