WordPerfect/Converting WP to PDF

QUESTION: In converting a WP 200 page document to PDF, it will not show even-numbered page numbers in some sections and then odd-numbered page numbers in other sections.  I need to get this book printed but no one can print from WP and request it be converted to PDF.  Please help!  Thank you so much!  Carol

ANSWER: I'm terribly sorry, I couldn't reproduce the error here. What version of WP are you using. The only thing that immediately comes to mind is to do a repair to WP. To do that open Control Panel, choose Uninstall a Program choose WP from the list and have it do a repair. I have noticed through the years that WP can do some strange things if there is too much complicated formatting. As I said, I just published a 40 page document in booklet style to PDF and it worked fine. Sorry I can't be more specific. Good Luck

QUESTION: I'm using WP Office X4.  I did a repair as you suggested but it is still not showing some page numbers. I've even tried reformatting the page numbers.  I've contacted a number of printers and they can print from Word but not from WP.  They prefer PDF.  Frustrating!  What do you think?  By the way, I so appreciate your help.  Thanks!  Carol

The only other thing I can think of is stripping all the meta data. This is time consuming. You copy and paste all your document into Notepad or some other bare ANSI editor. Then cut and paste it back into a NEW WP document. Re-do your formatting, publish to PDF. This should work. As a test, do a mock document with 20 or 30 pages with just a few characters per page and turn on page numbering (with no special page numbering format) and publish that to PDF. If that works, then the other method above should work.
Good Luck

Mike McIntyre

I have used WordPerfect since 1989 and am proficient in many of its features. Used it for word processing and desktop publishing. Know little or nothing about spreadsheets and equations

m.Twenty three years using the program.

College Diploma