Wordpress/ Domain

QUESTION: How do I setup a domain name for

ANSWER: Hey John,

If you have already registered a domain outside of Wordpress, you can map it to your blog in you admin panel. Just go to the Store to purchase the upgrade. domain mapping costs $13.00 a year.

If you haven't registered a new domain yet, you can register it through the Wordpress store. But, their registration prices look a little high. You can definitely get new domains cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks for the question! I hope this helps.

QUESTION: Where do you recommend purchasing a domain?

I usually use for my domains. They offer a good price for new registrations and they give you domain privacy for free. This feature protects your private information if someone looks up your domain. Most registars will charge $10-$20 extra per year for this feature, but Namecheap includes it in their already low price.

Chris Gagner

Almost anything about Wordpress. -Getting Started -Finding the right themes & plugins -Search Engine Optimization -Editing CSS, HTML,& PHP -Security & Backups -Finding a good web host Note: I currently only answer questions about single user Wordpress. I don't answer questions about Multi-User.

I've built several personal and business websites with Wordpress, as well as a few others for colleges. In my opinion, it's one of the most powerful ways to make any website (not just blogs)! I've downloaded and used over 400 plugins, and read about many others. I always download free themes for my websites, then heavily customize the CSS and PHP until it looks unique. Over the years I've become an expert in Wordpress because that is all I've ever used to create my websites.

Personal experience using Wordpress since 2007.